We are currently recruiting for a Van Sales Driver to support our busy Trade Parts Specialist (TPS) site in Rochester, Kent.
TPS specialise in Volkswagen Genuine Parts, distributing to businesses. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, you will be the face of TPS Medway, delivering parts to our customers often multiple times per day anywhere within our Area of Responsibility. You will provide an excellent service every time, taking time to get to know the customers, offers and products whilst optimising delivery routes.
Key Duties include:
- Checking orders to be delivered
- Gaining authorised signatures and printed names from customers for all parts delivered
- Ensuring receipts or payments are received for all parts delivered
- Secure cash handling and accurate banking
- Driving in a safe and courteous manner, within the law at all times, ensuring driver behaviour guidelines are followed
- As the face of Medway TPS, maintaining a professional and smart appearance at all times including cleaning and weekly check of delivery vehicle and providing a knowledgeable, courteous, responsive and efficient van delivery service
- Achieving own sales targets through building excellent customer relationships both internal and external
- Ensuring compliance with business standards and processes, financial, legal and ethical guidelines. Taking an active part in the housekeeping and Health & Safety of the centre
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a full, clean driving licence
- Be over 21 for insurance purposes
- Be able to demonstrate good verbal and communication skills
- Be able to work full time 08.00-17.00 Monday to Friday plus 1 in 4 Saturdays 08.00 to 13.00
- Have great attention to detail with the ability to respond to any requests from branch operations within the specified time frame
- Be able to work as part of a team in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Have effective time keeping and time management
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally 3 years' experience within a franchised dealer or motor factors
- Good geographical knowledge of Kent and the Medway Towns
- Retail sales or customer facing experience
- Ability to use own initiative under pressure
- Computer literate - able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and email)
Medway TPS is part of the JCB Group, a progressive dealer group going through an exceptional period of growth. It's the perfect time to join our team and be part of our on-going success. We have 17 dealerships, covering 11 brands across Kent, Sussex and Essex and around 400 employees.
So what will we do for you in return...? You will be part of a hardworking and strong-knit team, and will receive excellent support and training to do the job. You will be part of a varied and progressive dealer group, with opportunities for progression and development. We offer a competitive holiday allowance, pension scheme, the option to purchase new and used cars for yourself and your family at really competitive prices as well as access to our reward and recognition programme - as we truly look after our staff.
Previous applicants need not apply.