We are currently recruiting for a Part-time Van Sales Driver to support our busy Trade Parts Specialist (TPS) site in Rochester, Kent.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, you will be the face of TPS Medway, delivering parts to our customers multiple times per day anywhere within our Area of Responsibility. You will provide an excellent service every time, taking time to get to know our customers, offers and products whilst optimising delivery routes.
Key Duties include:
- Checking orders to be delivered, deal with anomalies and advise the warehouse team
- Gaining authorised signatures and printed names from customers for all parts delivered
- Ensuring that receipts or
payments are received for all parts delivered
- Secure Cash handling and
- Driving in a safe and courteous
manner within the law at all times, ensuring driver behaviour guidelines are
- As the face of TPS Medway maintaining a professional and smart
appearance at all times including Cleaning and weekly check of your delivery
vehicle , providing a knowledgeable, courteous, responsive and efficient van
- Achieving own sales targets
through building excellent customer relationships both internal and external
- Ensuring compliance with
business standards and processes, financial legal and ethical guidelines.
Taking an active part in the Housekeeping and Health and Safety of the centre
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a full clean driving licence
- Be over the age of 21 for Insurance Purposes
- Be able to demonstrate good verbal and communication skills
- Be able to work part-time 8.00 am to 1.00 pm Monday to Fridaym plus 1 in 4 Saturdays from 8.00 am to 1.00 pm
- Show attention to detail with the ability to respond to any requests from branch operations within the specified time frame
- Have the ability to work as part of the team in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Have effective time-keeping and time management
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally experience within a Franchised dealer or Motor factors
- Good geographical knowledge of Kent and the Medway Towns
- Retail Sales or Customer-facing Experience
- Ability to use your initiative under pressure
- Must be computer-literate and able to use Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
The hourly rate for this position is £8.72 per hour with the potential to earn a bonus of up to £600.00 per year based on achieving sales targets.
So what will we do for you in return...?
You will be part of a varied and progressive dealer group, with opportunities for progression and development. We offer a competitive holiday allowance, pension scheme as well as the option to purchase new and used cars for yourself and your family at really competitive prices.
Please note that only successful candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted with social distancing measures in place .