Diesel Do Nicely!
Diesel vehicles have had a lot of bad press recently and you may be confused, feeling reluctant to try a diesel model. There are endless pros and cons for diesel, petrol and hybrid/electric, but we’ve put together a few details that may make you consider that diesel’s not all bad. Then we've picked out some great offers currently available on key models in our diesel ranges.
Here’s some ‘fuel for thought’…
- Diesel engines tend to be more efficient than petrol engines. The modern diesel engines tend to be lighter, quieter and cleaner than their predecessors.
- Diesel engine fuel economy tends to out perform petrol engines. Higher mpg rates are possible with a diesel engine. If you do high mileages, say over 12,000 miles per year, then this is something to think through.
- Euro 6 standards mean that engines manufactured since September 2015 have had to comply with lower emissions rates than ever before.
- Diesel engines tend to be workhorses, able to pull larger loads more efficiently than petrol engines. If you have a larger vehicle, like an SUV, or you tow a trailer or caravan, then diesel is really worth contemplating.
- Buying on PCP finance offers you a guaranteed minimum future price however values fluctuate. Leasing means that you can change your car more frequently if you decide on a different model or engine type in the future.
- London's Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) commences from April 8, 2019 in Central London and will expand to the North and South Circular boundary in 2021, according to the Mayor of London. Diesel cars and vans must meet Euro 6 emissions rules - ie. roughly the equivalent to not being more than six years old for cars in 2021. If diesel cars meet this standard, they will not be liable for the charge that non-compliant vehicles will, which is £12.50 per day. The ULEZ charge applies to non-compliant vehicles 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Consider a Euro 6 compliant diesel engine.
Here are selected models carrying great finance offers - we’ve picked out a few that you may like to test drive…